How much fiber should I eat to reduce my risk of heart disease?

You should eat 20 to 35 grams of fiber a day. Fiber lowers cholesterol, reduces the risk of diabetes and stroke, and it also helps with weight loss.

Trinity Health is a Catholic health care organization that acts in accordance with the Catholic tradition and does not condone or support all practices covered in this site. In case of emergency call 911. This site is educational and not a substitute for professional medical advice, always seek the advice of a qualified health care provider.

Continue Learning about Heart Disease

Boost Heart Health by Eating Fish
Boost Heart Health by Eating Fish
Love eating fish? Here's some good fish news to chew on: Eating 6 ounces of omega-3-rich fish twice weekly reduces your risk of dying from heart disea...
How does diet affect heart disease?
Dr. Suzanne R. Steinbaum, DODr. Suzanne R. Steinbaum, DO
What and how we eat is essential to maintaining a healthy heart; a diet rich in fruits, vegetables, ...
The Ultimate Guide to Reversing Heart Disease
The Ultimate Guide to Reversing Heart DiseaseThe Ultimate Guide to Reversing Heart DiseaseThe Ultimate Guide to Reversing Heart DiseaseThe Ultimate Guide to Reversing Heart Disease
Stop the leading cause of death in its tracks with simple lifestyle changes.
Tips for Cold-Weather Workouts
Tips for Cold-Weather Workouts