How much fiber should I eat to reduce my risk of heart disease?

You should eat 20 to 35 grams of fiber a day. Fiber lowers cholesterol, reduces the risk of diabetes and stroke, and it also helps with weight loss.

Trinity Health is a Catholic health care organization that acts in accordance with the Catholic tradition and does not condone or support all practices covered in this site. In case of emergency call 911. This site is educational and not a substitute for professional medical advice, always seek the advice of a qualified health care provider.

Continue Learning about Heart Disease

Boost Heart Health by Eating Fish
Boost Heart Health by Eating Fish
Love eating fish? Here's some good fish news to chew on: Eating 6 ounces of omega-3-rich fish twice weekly reduces your risk of dying from heart disea...
How do diuretics treat cardiomyopathy?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Diuretics prevent your body from retaining fluid. This may cause you to frequent the bathroom, but i...
9 Heart-Healthy Rules to Live By
9 Heart-Healthy Rules to Live By9 Heart-Healthy Rules to Live By9 Heart-Healthy Rules to Live By9 Heart-Healthy Rules to Live By
Put these practices into place and you could lower your risk of cardiovascular disease.
How Wendy Williams Took Control of Her Heart Health