How do I lower my risk of heart disease and angina?

Smart lifestyle choices to reduce your risk of cardiovascular disease can also help prevent angina. Controlling diabetes, high blood pressure and cholesterol are key. So are eating well, losing weight if you are overweight, quitting smoking if you smoke and reducing stress. It's also important to exercise regularly, because exercise helps your blood vessels work better and reduces inflammation. Regular physical activity reduces the number of angina attacks you experience.

Continue Learning about Heart Disease

Study Links Fish Oil Supplements to Lower Risk of Heart Disease Death
Heart disease is the top cause of death in the United States, killing about 647,000 men and women annually and making up one-quarter of U.S. deaths ov...
How is aortic valve stenosis treated?
Dr. Daniel P. O'Hair, MDDr. Daniel P. O'Hair, MD
Surgical replacement of the valve for treatment of aortic stenosis has been the standard of care for...
7 Drug-Free Ways To Treat Heart Disease
7 Drug-Free Ways To Treat Heart Disease7 Drug-Free Ways To Treat Heart Disease7 Drug-Free Ways To Treat Heart Disease7 Drug-Free Ways To Treat Heart Disease
Medication isn't the only way to get your heart healthy again. Heart disease is the leading cause of death in American adults and, if left untreated, ...
How Heart Disease Treatment Has Evolved
How Heart Disease Treatment Has Evolved