How can illegal drug use affect my heart?

Intermountain Healthcare
Administration
Illegal drugs -- such as cocaine, heroin, marijuana, ecstasy, and methamphetamine -- are toxic to your heart muscle. They can lead to heart rhythm problems, cardiovascular disease, heart attack, or heart failure.

Continue Learning about Heart Disease

Heart Disease

Heart Disease

Heart disease is the number one killer of adults in the United States. In fact, one in every three deaths is from heart disease and stroke, equal to 2,200 deaths per day. Taking care of your heart is essential for a long life. You ...

can treat your ticker right by eating healthy, staying active and managing your stress.