How can I stay healthy during winter if I have heart disease?

Cold weather puts an extra strain on the heart. If you have heart disease or high blood pressure, follow your doctor's advice about shoveling snow or performing other hard work in the cold. Otherwise, if you have to do heavy outdoor chores, dress warmly and work slowly. Remember, your body is already working hard just to stay warm, so don't overdo it.

Continue Learning about Heart Disease

Eat This for Breakfast for a Young Heart
Intensify the heart-strengthening benefit of your morning meal by tossing fresh berries into your whole-grain cereal. This fruit-and-cereal combo giv...
Do women have unique risk factors for heart disease?
St Francis Medical CenterSt Francis Medical Center
One risk factor for heart disease that is unique to women is the use of hormone replacement therapy....
Top 4 Heart Attack Signs in Women
Top 4 Heart Attack Signs in WomenTop 4 Heart Attack Signs in WomenTop 4 Heart Attack Signs in WomenTop 4 Heart Attack Signs in Women
Women may not recognize these other symptoms as signs of a heart attack.
How Is Sensor Technology Changing Healthcare?