How can I stay healthy during winter if I have heart disease?

Cold weather puts an extra strain on the heart. If you have heart disease or high blood pressure, follow your doctor's advice about shoveling snow or performing other hard work in the cold. Otherwise, if you have to do heavy outdoor chores, dress warmly and work slowly. Remember, your body is already working hard just to stay warm, so don't overdo it.

Continue Learning about Heart Disease

Is This Condiment Hurting Your Heart?
Is This Condiment Hurting Your Heart?
Salt—more specifically, sodium—is found in every food from A (anchovies) to Z (ziti). It’s essential for your body, especially your heart, but too muc...
What is cardiomyopathy?
Cardiomyopathy occurs when the heart muscle becomes enlarged or rigid. This can lead to inadequate h...
The Ultimate Guide to Reversing Heart Disease
The Ultimate Guide to Reversing Heart DiseaseThe Ultimate Guide to Reversing Heart DiseaseThe Ultimate Guide to Reversing Heart DiseaseThe Ultimate Guide to Reversing Heart Disease
Stop the leading cause of death in its tracks with simple lifestyle changes. Heart disease is the leading cause of death among American adults. A new ...
What Are Some of the Biggest Challenges In Healthcare Today?