There is no cure for cardiomyopathy. However, treatments can help control symptoms and prevent the condition from getting worse. Medication can ease blood flow, reduce heart rate, and keep fluid from swelling in your legs or building up in your lungs. Exercise and a healthy lifestyle can help control cardiomyopathy too, so talk to your doctor about what treatments lifestyle changes are right for you.
- Q Are there alternative treatments for cardiomyopathy?
- Q Will I need a heart transplant to treat cardiomyopathy?
- Q What are treatment options for valvular cardiomyopathy?
- Q How do medications treat arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy?
- Q How do pacemakers treat cardiomyopathy?
- Q How do diuretics treat valvular cardiomyopathy?