There is no cure for cardiomyopathy. However, treatments can help control symptoms and prevent the condition from getting worse. Medication can ease blood flow, reduce heart rate, and keep fluid from swelling in your legs or building up in your lungs. Exercise and a healthy lifestyle can help control cardiomyopathy too, so talk to your doctor about what treatments lifestyle changes are right for you.
- Q Is there a cure for valvular cardiomyopathy?
- Q How do diuretics treat valvular cardiomyopathy?
- Q How do pacemakers treat cardiomyopathy?
- Q How do pacemakers treat valvular cardiomyopathy?
- Q Will I need a heart transplant to treat cardiomyopathy?
- Q Are there alternative treatments for cardiomyopathy?