Is cardiovascular disease serious?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

Cardiovascular disease is serious. The build-up of plaques in the blood vessels and heart affect cardiac function and blood flow to your entire body. If you experience symptoms of cardiovascular disease, such as chest pain, being short of breath, or an irregular heartbeat, seek medical attention immediately. Cardiovascular disease can lead to a heart attack, stroke, and even death. If caught early enough, treatment may reduce your risk of a more severe cardiovascular event.

Michael S. Chen, MD
Absolutely. Cardiovascular disease is the leading cause of mortality in the United States.

Continue Learning about Heart Disease

heart-healthy treatments for coronary artery disease
coronary artery disease (otherwise known as cad ) is the most common type of heart disease in the united states and the leading cause of death among a...
what are the health differences between women and men
what questions should i ask my doctor about heart disease ?
how does inflammation in the body contribute to heart disease ?