Can cardiovascular disease affect children?

Cardiovascular disease can affect anyone at any time. However, it is more common among those who are older. Lifestyle and behavior choices such as physical activity, diet, smoking, and obesity are patterns children develop early in life and are modeled by their parents, families, and schools. Risk and specific conditions that contribute to developing cardiovascular disease begin at an early age. As adults, you should set an example of a healthy lifestyle for children to follow, and thus reduce their risk of developing cardiovascular disease.

Continue Learning about Heart Disease

Don't Sweat It: Exercise Doesn't Have to Be Hard
In truth, your heart is so fond of exercise that it almost doesn't matter how hard, how long, or how often you do it—as long as you do it! Simply doin...
What questions should I ask my doctor about heart disease?
SecondsCount.orgSecondsCount.org
Being prepared in advance for your office visit can help you make sure your doctor receives all the ...
Top 4 Heart Attack Signs in Women
Top 4 Heart Attack Signs in WomenTop 4 Heart Attack Signs in WomenTop 4 Heart Attack Signs in WomenTop 4 Heart Attack Signs in Women
Women may not recognize these other symptoms as signs of a heart attack.
What Are the Biggest Health Problems In the U.S. Today?