Are PVD and PAD the same?

PVD (peripheral vascular disease) is the process of arteries carrying blood to bodily tissues and back to the heart and lungs; PAD (peripheral artery disease) is a buildup of cholesterol in the arteries in the arms and legs.

Continue Learning about Heart Disease

Don't Sweat It: Exercise Doesn't Have to Be Hard
In truth, your heart is so fond of exercise that it almost doesn't matter how hard, how long, or how often you do it—as long as you do it! Simply doin...
How does cardiovascular disease affect women?
Methodist HospitalMethodist Hospital
Heart disease is not just a man’s disease. Cardiovascular disease is the number one killer of adult ...
6 Unexpected Effects of Heart Disease
6 Unexpected Effects of Heart Disease6 Unexpected Effects of Heart Disease6 Unexpected Effects of Heart Disease6 Unexpected Effects of Heart Disease
This common disease can hurt much more than your physical health.
What Type of Diet Should I Follow If I Have Heart Disease?