What are the treatment options for hemorrhagic shock?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

Health care providers will set up high-volume intravenous (IV) lines in order to infuse blood and fluid into the patient with hemorrhagic shock. They will also attempt to control the underlying source of blood loss. An external wound can be bound, whereas internal hemorrhaging may require surgery. A handful of other treatments, each with its own functions and risks, can sometimes be used to limit gastrointestinal bleeding. Uterine hemorrhage almost always requires surgery.

Continue Learning about Heart Disease Treatment

What Is the Most Beneficial Kind of Exercise to Reverse Heart Disease?
Take 30 minutes each day Can you spare 30 minutes a day to improve your heart health? Walking for just 30 minutes a day, or for 60 minutes every oth...
How do I know if a recommended cardiologist is patient centered?
Dede BonnerDede Bonner
Ask the referrer if the doctor encourages questions. The doctors who are strongly patient-centered a...
How can I pick the right treatment for heart disease?
SecondsCount.orgSecondsCount.org
When it comes to deciding what the best treatment for heart disease is, the simplest answer is, ...
What Types of Heart Diseases are Treated with Surgery?