Is ultrafiltration an alternative to diuretics for removing excess fluids?

When diuretics are not able to relieve excess fluid, ultrafiltration may be used. This therapy normally requires a hospital stay of three or four days.

Continue Learning about Heart Disease Treatment

What Is the Most Beneficial Kind of Exercise to Reverse Heart Disease?
Take 30 minutes each day Can you spare 30 minutes a day to improve your heart health? Walking for just 30 minutes a day, or for 60 minutes every oth...
Can my overall health affect my choice of heart treatment?
SecondsCount.orgSecondsCount.org
Your doctor will consider your overall health when recommending a procedure to treat blockages of th...
What are the treatment options for heart abnormalities?
Treatment for your heart abnormality depends upon the type of abnormality that you have, but may inc...
Sneak Peek: Biggest Medical Breakthroughs