Is there a cure for ischemic heart disease?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

Once you have been diagnosed with ischemic heart disease your risk for heart attack and other symptoms never completely go away. Through positive lifestyle changes, proper medication, and surgery if necessary, the arteries may be cleared, and many of the symptoms of ischemic heart disease may be reversible. Because risk of developing ischemic heart disease increases with age, it is difficult to pronounce anyone cured, but taking the steps towards treatment and prevention go a long way.

Continue Learning about Heart Disease Treatment

Ask the Experts: Heart Disease Treatment
Treatment for heart disease is determined by the specific cause. In this video, Kevin Soden, MD, reveals common treatment options for heart disease, i...
How Will My Doctor Determine If I Should Have Surgery for Heart Disease?
What Types of Heart Diseases are Treated with Surgery?
A New Drug to Fight Bad Cholesterol
A New Drug to Fight Bad Cholesterol