Is there a cure for arteriolosclerosis?

There is no cure for arteriolosclerosis, however, damage to the inner and middle walls of the arterioles can be reduced or even reversed thanks to certain medications. Cholesterol medications are aggressive drugs used to lower the low-density lipoprotein, or LDL, cholesterol. Aspirin and other anti-platelet medications and anticoagulants like heparin and warfarin prevent platelets from forming blood clots in the arteries. Medications to control blood pressure can help slow the progression of atherosclerosis. All of these drugs are used to prevent complications from arteriolosclerosis, but are prescribed to prevent further damage and disease to the arterioles and organs

Continue Learning about Heart Disease Treatment

Is High-Intensity, Interval Exercise Safe for Heart Patients?
For the last several decades, cardiologists and exercise physiologists have recommended regular aerobic exercise to improve cardiac function and lower...
Should my other medical conditions affect my choice of heart treatment?
SecondsCount.orgSecondsCount.org
Some studies have suggested that surgery may be a better treatment for heart disease in people w...
What is the COURAGE trial?
SCAISCAI
The COURAGE trial is a large study that made a big splash in 2007 when its results were announced at...
What Is the Role of Exercise in Treating Heart Disease?