Is there a cure for cardiovascular disease?

Cardiovascular disease does not go away, but it can be managed. You can manage the symptoms and decrease your risk of a heart attack or stroke through lifestyle changes. However, the damage to your cardiovascular system is already done. Living a healthy lifestyle will prevent further problems and help your heart to be healthy.

Cures for cardiovascular disease are possible, depending on a number of variables, including the patient's age, specific condition, and previous treatments.

There is no single cure for heart disease, but you can make choices that may improve your quality of life and help your heart.

Continue Learning about Heart Disease Treatment

Is High-Intensity, Interval Exercise Safe for Heart Patients?
For the last several decades, cardiologists and exercise physiologists have recommended regular aerobic exercise to improve cardiac function and lower...
How will my doctor determine if I should have surgery for heart disease?
Northside HospitalNorthside Hospital
A doctor will refer a patient to a cardiologist for particular tests to determine if they should hav...
How can stem cell research help people with heart problems?
Scripps HealthScripps Health
Stem cells have amazing potential to treat a diverse range of heart conditions. A Scripps clinical t...
What Types of Heart Diseases are Treated with Surgery?