Are there alternative treatments for ischemic heart disease?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

The alternative treatments for ischemic heart disease focus on making healthy lifestyle choices, but some alternative medicine practitioners promote the use of special herbs for heart and artery health. Studies for the effectiveness of alternative treatments like garlic, fish oil, hawthorn, and flaxseed supplements on heart disease show varying degrees of success. You should always consult your doctor before taking any supplement when being treated for ischemic heart disease.

Continue Learning about Heart Disease Treatment

Is High-Intensity, Interval Exercise Safe for Heart Patients?
For the last several decades, cardiologists and exercise physiologists have recommended regular aerobic exercise to improve cardiac function and lower...
How should I manage my heart medications?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Here are some tips to help you manage your heart medications: Don't skip a dose or stop taking me...
What is the greatest benefit of angioplasty?
MountainView HospitalMountainView Hospital
The greatest benefit of angioplasty is when it's performed in an acute setting, as when a patient pr...
What Is the Role of Exercise in Treating Heart Disease?