Are there alternative treatments for heart abnormalities?

Lifestyle changes are the most common complementary treatments, those not intended to replace but complement conventional medical treatment. In addition to eating diet low in artery-clogging saturated fats, you may have heard of the benefits of drinking red wine or other alcohol. Studies on the effectiveness of red wine in reducing incidence of heart diseases are inconclusive; therefore, some doctors recommend red wine and some do not. You may want to participate in a clinical trial on red wine or other treatments. Clinical trials are current studies used to develop new treatments through a rigorous scientific process.

Continue Learning about Heart Disease Treatment

What Is the Most Beneficial Kind of Exercise to Reverse Heart Disease?
Take 30 minutes each day Can you spare 30 minutes a day to improve your heart health? Walking for just 30 minutes a day, or for 60 minutes every oth...
Will I need more than drug treatments if I have heart disease?
Judy CaplanJudy Caplan
The treatment of heart disease should be overseen by a physician. The management will include dietar...
Is there a cure for coronary heart disease?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Coronary heart disease is a chronic condition—once you develop the disease, you will always have it....
What Types of Heart Diseases are Treated with Surgery?