Are there alternative treatments for cardiovascular disease?

There are alternative options to treat cardiovascular disease. One option is cardiac rehabilitation. Cardiac rehab is a therapy program designed to rebuild your strength and endurance following a cardiac incident such as a heart attack or stroke. In addition, there are natural or herbal remedies that may be used to treat some aspects of cardiovascular disease. You should discuss these with your doctor to see if they are an option for you. Furthermore, there are activities you can participate in to reduce your stress, such as yoga, meditation, or other relaxation techniques.

Continue Learning about Heart Disease Treatment

What Is the Most Beneficial Kind of Exercise to Reverse Heart Disease?
Take 30 minutes each day Can you spare 30 minutes a day to improve your heart health? Walking for just 30 minutes a day, or for 60 minutes every oth...
Who benefits from a ventricular assist device?
Richard J. Shemin, MDRichard J. Shemin, MD
Patients that progress to severe heart failure that can no longer be managed with diuretics and othe...
What are the types of interventional cardiology procedures?
Blake Medical CenterBlake Medical Center
There's a wide variety of procedures performed by interventional cardiologists. The most common inte...
What Should I Discuss With My Doctor About My Heart Medications?