What are the symptoms of hemorrhagic shock?

The severity of the symptoms of hemorrhagic shock correlates with the extent of initial blood loss. Blood pressure falls and heart rates often increase or become irregular. The 'shock' element of the condition involves mental failures such as anxiety, confusion, and even fainting. Diminished circulation also affects the skin, which will look pale and feel cool and moist. Hemorrhagic shock also leads to a general state of weakness. Hemorrhagic shock will be associated with other complications, depending on its cause: for example, bleeding or chest pain.

Continue Learning about Heart Disease Symptoms

What Fainting Says About Your Heart
What Fainting Says About Your Heart
Odds are, you know someone who has fainted—or maybe you’ve passed out yourself. Often referred to by its medical name, syncope, fainting is a loss of ...
What is a silent angina attack?
A special problem happens when coronary heart disease is present but does not cause any chest discom...
What should I ask the doctor about my child's Kawasaki Disease symptoms?
If you suspect Kawasaki disease, there are some specific questions that you should ask the doctor ab...
How Is Cardiovascular Disease Different in Men and Women?