Is Kawasaki Disease contagious?

Kawasaki disease is a rare disease of childhood, principally affecting those younger than five years. The actual cause of the disease is unknown, but researchers do not think it is transmittable. It is an inflammation of the body's blood vessels, including the veins, capillaries, and arteries. Some theories associate the disease with viruses or other potent organisms, but none has been found. Genetics may also be a contributing factor, but its function in the disease is not known.

Continue Learning about Heart Disease Symptoms

What Fainting Says About Your Heart
What Fainting Says About Your Heart
Odds are, you know someone who has fainted—or maybe you’ve passed out yourself. Often referred to by its medical name, syncope, fainting is a loss of ...
What is sinus tachycardia?
Sinus tachycardia is a rapid heart rate with a normal rhythm, meaning that your heart continues to b...
Should I ask my doctor about symptoms of cardiovascular disease?
Yes, you should talk to your doctor if you experience symptoms of cardiovascular disease. All sympto...
What Causes Atherosclerosis?
What Causes Atherosclerosis?