How does hemorrhagic shock affect the body's tissue?

The circulatory system uses blood to move oxygen through the body. The oxygen plays a crucial role in the process of making energy for life. When blood supply diminishes, tissues respond initially by extracting more oxygen. After this strategy runs its course, cells will begin the process of anaerobic metabolism: the production of energy without oxygen. This process produces carbon dioxide and lactic acid as waste. Anaerobic metabolism cannot be sustained indefinitely, and when both sources of energy are depleted cells begin to die.

Continue Learning about Heart Disease Symptoms

What Fainting Says About Your Heart
What Fainting Says About Your Heart
Odds are, you know someone who has fainted—or maybe you’ve passed out yourself. Often referred to by its medical name, syncope, fainting is a loss of ...
Should I talk to my doctor about my ischemic heart disease symptoms?
Ischemic heart disease often progresses without symptoms. Your first symptom may be a heart attack, ...
Should I talk to my doctor about my cardiovascular infection symptoms?
It is extremely important to talk with your doctor immediately if you experience any symptoms of car...
What Is the Best Way to Prevent Heart Disease?