Can dizziness be a sign of heart disease?

Dizziness may be your body’s way of signaling heart disease. Your heart’s job is to pump blood throughout the body, including distributing oxygen to brain. A weak heart, however, can’t pump sufficient blood to brain, and without enough oxygen, you may suddenly feel dizzy or light-headed.

How can you tell if your dizziness is a sign of a heart problem? If, in addition to dizziness, you also experience nausea, sweating, shortness of breath, or pain in your jaw or neck, it may be a heart attack alert and you should seek immediate medical attention.
This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Heart Disease Symptoms

What Fainting Says About Your Heart
What Fainting Says About Your Heart
Odds are, you know someone who has fainted—or maybe you’ve passed out yourself. Often referred to by its medical name, syncope, fainting is a loss of ...
Are there heart disease symptoms that are risk factors for kidney disease?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Symptoms of heart disease that are risk factors for kidney disease include severe high blood pressur...
Should I talk to my doctor about my hypovolemic shock symptoms?
Hypovolemic shock is an urgent medical issue, and if you suspect that you or someone you know may be...
How Is Cardiovascular Disease Different in Men and Women?