Can dizziness be a sign of heart disease?

Dizziness may be your body’s way of signaling heart disease. Your heart’s job is to pump blood throughout the body, including distributing oxygen to brain. A weak heart, however, can’t pump sufficient blood to brain, and without enough oxygen, you may suddenly feel dizzy or light-headed.

How can you tell if your dizziness is a sign of a heart problem? If, in addition to dizziness, you also experience nausea, sweating, shortness of breath, or pain in your jaw or neck, it may be a heart attack alert and you should seek immediate medical attention.
This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Heart Disease Symptoms

Ask the Experts: Heart Disease Symptoms
Ask the Experts: Heart Disease Symptoms
Heart disease is the leading killer of Americans, but it can be prevented. The first step in prevention is knowing the signs. In the video, Robin Mill...
Should I talk to my doctor about my ischemic heart disease symptoms?
Ischemic heart disease often progresses without symptoms. Your first symptom may be a heart attack, ...
How does hemorrhagic shock affect the body's tissue?
The circulatory system uses blood to move oxygen through the body. The oxygen plays a crucial role i...
What Causes Coronary Artery Disease?
What Causes Coronary Artery Disease?