Can dizziness be a sign of heart disease?

Dizziness may be your body’s way of signaling heart disease. Your heart’s job is to pump blood throughout the body, including distributing oxygen to brain. A weak heart, however, can’t pump sufficient blood to brain, and without enough oxygen, you may suddenly feel dizzy or light-headed.

How can you tell if your dizziness is a sign of a heart problem? If, in addition to dizziness, you also experience nausea, sweating, shortness of breath, or pain in your jaw or neck, it may be a heart attack alert and you should seek immediate medical attention.
This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Heart Disease Symptoms

Ask the Experts: Heart Disease Symptoms
Ask the Experts: Heart Disease Symptoms
Heart disease is the leading killer of Americans, but it can be prevented. The first step in prevention is knowing the signs. In the video, Robin Mill...
Should I be worried if I feel out of breath, tired, and weak?
If you feel like you have less energy than you are used to, this feeling could be an indication of...
How can losing the hair on my feet indicate heart disease?
While our culture encourages women to get rid of every last hair not on their head, hairless feet or...
What Are Some Signs of Heart Disease in Women?