Is poor oral health connected to heart disease?

Periodontitis, or advanced stage periodontal disease, has been linked as a risk factor for heart disease in both men and women. Because heart disease is a leading cause of death in the world, it makes sense to decrease that risk by practicing good oral hygiene habits. Simple behaviors like brushing teeth with a fluoride toothpaste at least twice daily and flossing every day can help.

Continue Learning about Heart Disease and Oral Health

The Surprising Link Between Dental Hygiene and Heart Health
After undergoing periodontal surgery, comedian and television personality Whoopi Goldberg returned to her seat on The View and admitted to the public ...
Does overall health matter in oral care and heart disease?
Even though researchers are still trying to understand the link between heart disease and gum diseas...
Why are infected teeth removed before cardiac surgery?
The Society of Thoracic SurgeonsThe Society of Thoracic Surgeons
Dental extraction of abscessed or infected teeth is often performed to decrease the risk of infectio...
Is There a Link Between My Heart and My Teeth?