What is a heart computerized tomography (CT) scan?

A computerized tomography (CT) heart scan is a non-invasive test that provides pictures of your heart’s arteries to detect signs of plaque, which may indicate you are at risk for heart disease. The result of a heart scan is called a coronary calcium score. If your calcium score indicates you are at risk for a heart attack your physician will create a treatment plan to lower your risk.

Continue Learning about Heart Disease Diagnosis

What is a stress myocardial perfusion scan with medication?
Brigham and Women's HospitalBrigham and Women's Hospital
A stress myocardial perfusion scan is used to assess the blood flow to the heart muscle (myocard...
What types of echocardiograms are there?
SCAISCAI
There are several types of echocardiograms, but they all have one thing in common: They use harmless...
What Causes Coronary Artery Disease?
What Causes Coronary Artery Disease?
What Should I Ask My Doctor about Heart Disease?