Can I take my medication before a transesophageal echocardiogram (TEE)?

In general, patients who take regular medications can take them as usual before a transesophageal echocardiogram (TEE), except they should swallow them with only small sips of water on the day of the procedure. Patients with diabetes should check with their doctors regarding taking their diabetes medications.

Continue Learning about Heart Disease Diagnosis

How reliable is CT angiography for diagnosing heart disease?
SCAISCAI
CT angiography is considered most useful for eliminating the possibility of heart disease in interme...
What will the doctor do to diagnose heart disease?
SecondsCount.orgSecondsCount.org
The first step in the process of diagnosing and treating cardiovascular disease is a visit with ...
How Is Cardiovascular Disease Different in Men and Women?
What Causes Coronary Artery Disease?
What Causes Coronary Artery Disease?