How will my doctor diagnose bradycardia (slow heart rate)?

A history and physical examination by your doctor is likely the first step in the diagnosis of bradycardia. An EKG and review of your symptoms provides the doctor with important information. Additional tests, such as an electrophysiology study, may also be ordered. You may be the first person to know that something has changed because of how you feel. Or, you may not have felt any change, yet the tests and examination showed an arrhythmia.

Continue Learning about Heart Disease Diagnosis

What should I expect during cardiac computed tomography (CT)?
Piedmont Heart InstitutePiedmont Heart Institute
For a contrast enhanced cardiac CT angiogram you will change into a hospital gown. The nurse will in...
What will a chest x-ray tell my doctor about my heart and blood vessels?
SCAISCAI
A chest x-ray provides clues to the health of your heart and major blood vessels. It also helps dete...
What Tests Are Used to Diagnose Heart Disease in Women?
What Is A C-Reactive Protein (CRP) Test?