How will my doctor diagnose bradycardia (slow heart rate)?

A history and physical examination by your doctor is likely the first step in the diagnosis of bradycardia. An EKG and review of your symptoms provides the doctor with important information. Additional tests, such as an electrophysiology study, may also be ordered. You may be the first person to know that something has changed because of how you feel. Or, you may not have felt any change, yet the tests and examination showed an arrhythmia.

Continue Learning about Heart Disease Diagnosis

Can I take my medication before a transesophageal echocardiogram (TEE)?
Texas Cardiac Arrhythmia InstituteTexas Cardiac Arrhythmia Institute
In general, patients who take regular medications can take them as usual before a transesophageal ec...
How is hypovolemic shock diagnosed?
No single factor is an ultimate diagnostic for hypovolemic shock. High heart rate, low blood pressur...
What Causes Coronary Artery Disease?
What Causes Coronary Artery Disease?
Why Is Heart Disease Harder to Treat in Women?