How can doctors check for a leaky pulmonary valve?

As part of a diagnostic work-up of heart and valve function, your doctor may use echocardiography, which sends sound waves through the heart to make a moving image of your heart and, in some cases, cardiac MRI (magnetic resonance imaging). These tests can measure the size of the heart’s lower right pumping chamber (the right ventricle) and assess pulmonary valve function. Due to the shape of the right ventricle, evaluating its function is more difficult than evaluating function on the left side of the heart, so choosing an experienced, highly trained specialist is important for obtaining the best results.

Continue Learning about Heart Disease Diagnosis

what should i ask my doctor about a recommended cardiovascular test ?
SecondsCount.orgSecondsCount.org
The question below can help you start a conversation with your physician/practitioner about recommen...
what will a chest x-ray tell my doctor about my heart and blood vessels ?
SCAISCAI
A chest x-ray provides clues to the health of your heart and major blood vessels. It also helps dete...
what tests are used to diagnose heart disease in women ?
what causes coronary artery disease ?
what causes coronary artery disease ?