Will my hearing get better if I wear hearing aids?

If you wear hearing aids, your hearing loss will not get better. That is, your hearing loss in your ear will not get better, but what will get better is your ability to be a good listener, to understand speech more effortlessly and to be more responsive when people talk to you or have a conversation with you. So, that's not your ear getting better; rather, it's the part of your brain that understands speech that will be stimulated and will be more responsive to conversations and to what's being said.

Continue Learning about Hearing Damage

Why Hearing Loss Increases Your Risk For Depression
Do you find yourself asking others to repeat themselves, or turning up the volume on your television so you can hear? You’re not alone.  Most people ...
Why do changes in pressure affect the ears most severely?
Changes in pressure, such as those induced by air travel, affect the whole body. However, it is only...
What is the difference between deafness and hearing impairment?
Deafness is a form of hearing impairment. The term hearing impairment covers a spectrum from mild to...
Listen Up! Don't Let Earbuds Affect Your Hearing