Will my hearing get better if I wear hearing aids?

If you wear hearing aids, your hearing loss will not get better. That is, your hearing loss in your ear will not get better, but what will get better is your ability to be a good listener, to understand speech more effortlessly and to be more responsive when people talk to you or have a conversation with you. So, that's not your ear getting better; rather, it's the part of your brain that understands speech that will be stimulated and will be more responsive to conversations and to what's being said.

Continue Learning about Hearing Damage

Keep Your Hearing Sharp with a Healthy Diet
In the comic strip Pickles, Earl is eating a sandwich. “Earl, you made a mess in the kitchen when you made that sandwich,” says Opal. “No thanks, I al...
Can hidden hearing loss be treated surgically?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
Hidden hearing loss cannot be treated surgically. So the damage that is done by noise exposure and b...
How common is hearing impairment?
The World Health Organization estimated in 2014 that 360 million people in the world were affected b...
Listen Up! Don't Let Earbuds Affect Your Hearing