The major symptoms of Usher syndrome are loss of hearing and of vision. Usher syndrome causes deafness in up to 6 percent of children. In those same children, up to half of them will become blind by the time they are adults. The blindness is caused by retinitis pigmentosa (RP). Other symptoms include balance problems.
- Q How common is hearing impairment?
- Q What is the rate of incidence for hearing damage?
- Q What is mixed hearing loss?
- Q What is cochlear hearing loss?
- Q What are the other names for Usher syndrome?
- Q What factors can predict if I will recover from sudden hearing loss?