The major symptoms of Usher syndrome are loss of hearing and of vision. Usher syndrome causes deafness in up to 6 percent of children. In those same children, up to half of them will become blind by the time they are adults. The blindness is caused by retinitis pigmentosa (RP). Other symptoms include balance problems.
- Q What is cochlear hearing loss?
- Q What are the different types of hearing loss?
- Q Why do changes in pressure affect the ears most severely?
- Q What is the difference between deafness and hearing impairment?
- Q Who was C. H. Usher?
- Q Can Usher syndrome be prevented?