The major symptoms of Usher syndrome are loss of hearing and of vision. Usher syndrome causes deafness in up to 6 percent of children. In those same children, up to half of them will become blind by the time they are adults. The blindness is caused by retinitis pigmentosa (RP). Other symptoms include balance problems.
- Q Why do changes in pressure affect the ears most severely?
- Q What is the rate of incidence for hearing damage?
- Q What is hearing damage?
- Q Do childhood earaches cause hearing loss later in life?
- Q What factors can predict if I will recover from sudden hearing loss?
- Q Should I talk to my doctor about my Usher syndrome symptoms?