What are the treatment options for conductive hearing loss?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing
Treatment options for conductive hearing loss may vary, depending on what's preventing you from hearing. If your conductive hearing loss is the result of earwax build-up, your home doctor can remove the blockage fairly easily. If the problem is built-up fluid deeper in the ear, your doctor may implant a tube in the eardrum. If the eardrum is perforated, a patch may be applied. For more serious damages, genetically-caused problems like otosclerosis, or for tumors, surgery is an option. Hearing aids are also frequently used as treatment.

Continue Learning about Hearing Damage

Sound Advice for Aging Ears
Sound Advice for Aging Ears
"Are you mumbling, or are my ears going?" Although hearing loss is the third leading chronic disability affecting adults, it frequently goes unnoticed...
How can I prevent hidden hearing loss?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
To prevent hidden hearing loss, avoid exposure to loud sound. That's easier said than done. Everyone...
What is the rate of incidence for hearing damage?
Approximately 30 million people ages 12 and older in the U.S. suffer from hearing loss or deafness i...
Listen Up! Don't Let Earbuds Affect Your Hearing