What are the treatment options for noise-induced hearing loss?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD
While noise-induced hearing loss is preventable, once the damage has been done, there is no way to reverse it. Treatment options, therefore, are limited to methods that will help you cope with your hearing loss. Hearing aids and cochlear implants are both devices that can be inserted in the ear to amplify sounds, which helps compensate for the hearing loss. Assistive listening devices, like telephone amplifiers, may be helpful. You may also want to consider counseling to help you through the emotional stress and pain of hearing loss.

Continue Learning about Hearing Damage

Why Hearing Loss Increases Your Risk For Depression
Do you find yourself asking others to repeat themselves, or turning up the volume on your television so you can hear? You’re not alone.  Most people ...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with hearing damage?
When caring for someone with hearing damage, it is important to remember that they may experience de...
What should I consider before signing a contract for a hearing aid?
Dr. David M. Vernick, MDDr. David M. Vernick, MD
Before buying a hearing aid, it's a good idea to meet with more than one qualified hearing aid dispe...
Listen Up! Don't Let Earbuds Affect Your Hearing