Should I talk to my doctor about my Usher syndrome symptoms?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing
Family Practitioner

If you notice that your child has symptoms of Usher syndrome, you should talk to your doctor. Likewise, if both parents are carriers of the gene, a child or children should be evaluated for Usher syndrome. The sooner a child is diagnosed with Usher syndrome, then the sooner treatment can begin.

Continue Learning about Hearing Damage

How to Save Your Hearing
How to Save Your Hearing
Rates of hearing loss doubled in America between 2000 and 2015. So if you find yourself cranking up the TV volume or asking friends and family to SPEA...
Read More
How can my occupation affect my hearing?
Boston Women's Health Book CollectiveBoston Women's Health Book Collective
The most common occupational disease in the United States, hearing loss can reduce alertness to safe...
More Answers
What is sudden hearing loss?
Eric E. Smouha, MDEric E. Smouha, MD
Sudden hearing loss is defined as a loss of hearing that begins for no apparent reason and develops ...
More Answers
Listen Up! Don't Let Earbuds Affect Your Hearing
Listen Up! Don't Let Earbuds Affect Your Hearing

Important: This content reflects information from various individuals and organizations and may offer alternative or opposing points of view. It should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. As always, you should consult with your healthcare provider about your specific health needs.