Should I talk to my doctor about my hearing impairment symptoms?

Yes, you should talk to your doctor about your hearing impairment symptoms. Aside from the social frustration of missing parts of conversations and worrying that people are tired of repeating themselves, it is best to diagnose hearing impairment early for three reasons: first, if you are currently doing damage to your hearing you will become aware of it and be able to prevent worse damage; second, conductive hearing impairment is treatable and can worsen if it isn't treated; third, even permanent hearing loss can be made less of an inconvenience with hearing aids. In children, early diagnosis is especially important because hearing impairment can delay the development of communication skills. Treatment for hearing impairment is considered to improve your quality of life.

Continue Learning about Hearing Damage

How to Save Your Hearing
How to Save Your Hearing
Rates of hearing loss doubled in America between 2000 and 2015. So if you find yourself cranking up the TV volume or asking friends and family to SPEA...
How can I understand people when they are speaking if I have hearing loss?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
There are some things you can do to facilitate understanding someone who's speaking to you if you ha...
What is hearing impairment?
Hearing impairment, or hearing loss, is a condition in which your ability to hear is completely or p...
Listen Up! Don't Let Earbuds Affect Your Hearing