Should I wear a hearing aid if I have a hearing problem?

Hearing aids are getting smaller and smaller. It is unlikely anyone will notice when you are wearing them. The truth is, people are more likely to notice your hearing loss. People who don't treat their hearing problems can become depressed and try to avoid their friends. On the other hand, studies show that people who wear hearing aids often have a better quality of life.

Continue Learning about Hearing Damage

What Causes Hearing Loss—and How to Lower Your Risk
We all know someone who displays the classic signs of difficulty hearing: They run the television with its volume blaring or maintain the conviction t...
What is Sign Language?
American Sign Language is a language system that uses visual cues, such as hand position, movement, ...
How loud does a sound have to be to cause noise-induced hearing loss?
The decibel is the unit of measurement for sounds. When you speak at a normal volume, it is around 6...
Listen Up! Don't Let Earbuds Affect Your Hearing