Is any research being done on noise-induced hearing loss?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing
Researchers are still trying to find ways to prevent, treat, and reverse the ear damage associated with noise-induced hearing loss. The National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders (NIDCD) is an important research organization on the subject. The NIDCD, for example, is trying to find out if there is a treatment that will allow people to grow new cells in the ear, which will help them to hear again. Other research organizations are studying various chemicals and vitamins as well as umbilical cord stem cells that may help to prevent or repair noise-induced damage to hearing.

Continue Learning about Hearing Damage

Why Hearing Loss Increases Your Risk For Depression
Do you find yourself asking others to repeat themselves, or turning up the volume on your television so you can hear? You’re not alone.  Most people ...
What is the rate of incidence for hearing damage?
Approximately 30 million people ages 12 and older in the U.S. suffer from hearing loss or deafness i...
How can I understand people when they are speaking if I have hearing loss?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
There are some things you can do to facilitate understanding someone who's speaking to you if you ha...
Listen Up! Don't Let Earbuds Affect Your Hearing