How can I prevent hidden hearing loss?

To prevent hidden hearing loss, avoid exposure to loud sound. That's easier said than done. Everyone is exposed to loud sounds every day. A siren going by on a fire truck, somebody playing with a balloon and it suddenly pops, going to a rock concert. All this noise does damage on a cellular level, and over the course of the lifetime, it adds up. So each incident of noise exposure, even though it may feel that your hearing goes back to normal after a day or two, causes damage on a cellular level. So, avoid loud sounds as much as you can.

Continue Learning about Hearing Damage

Keep Your Hearing Sharp with a Healthy Diet
In the comic strip Pickles, Earl is eating a sandwich. “Earl, you made a mess in the kitchen when you made that sandwich,” says Opal. “No thanks, I al...
Can hearing aids cure hidden hearing loss?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
Hearing aids cannot cure hidden hearing loss. Hearing aids are aids. They are not a cure for hidden ...
What are the risk conditions for hearing loss in children?
Hearing loss can happen any time during life, from before birth to adulthood. The following are som...
Listen Up! Don't Let Earbuds Affect Your Hearing