How can I prevent hidden hearing loss?

To prevent hidden hearing loss, avoid exposure to loud sound. That's easier said than done. Everyone is exposed to loud sounds every day. A siren going by on a fire truck, somebody playing with a balloon and it suddenly pops, going to a rock concert. All this noise does damage on a cellular level, and over the course of the lifetime, it adds up. So each incident of noise exposure, even though it may feel that your hearing goes back to normal after a day or two, causes damage on a cellular level. So, avoid loud sounds as much as you can.

Continue Learning about Hearing Damage

What Causes Hearing Loss—and How to Lower Your Risk
We all know someone who displays the classic signs of difficulty hearing: They run the television with its volume blaring or maintain the conviction t...
What should I do if I suspect I have a hearing problem?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Talk to your primary care doctor. You may then want to seek help from hearing specialist like: an au...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with hearing damage?
When caring for someone with hearing damage, it is important to remember that they may experience de...
Listen Up! Don't Let Earbuds Affect Your Hearing