How often do I need to change the batteries in my hearing aid?

How often you need to change the batteries in your hearing aid depends on the hearing aid. Some hearing aids use very small batteries, so the batteries may only last for two or three days. For hearing aids with larger batteries, the battery may last a week to 10 days. Some people stream music through their phone into their hearing aids, or they stream their telephone calls into their hearing aids. That will drain the batteries more rapidly. But at night when you remove your hearing aids, if you open the battery door, it disconnects the battery and makes sure that the battery is not draining through the night.

Continue Learning about Hearing Damage

Keep Your Hearing Sharp with a Healthy Diet
In the comic strip Pickles, Earl is eating a sandwich. “Earl, you made a mess in the kitchen when you made that sandwich,” says Opal. “No thanks, I al...
How can my occupation affect my hearing?
Occupational hearing loss occurs as a result of workers' exposure to loud noise. Noise levels over 8...
What should I do if I suspect I have a hearing problem?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Talk to your primary care doctor. You may then want to seek help from hearing specialist like: an au...
Listen Up! Don't Let Earbuds Affect Your Hearing