How common is presbycusis?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

The loss of hearing sensitivity as we age is quite common. It is estimated that about a third of all Americans older than 65 have some form of hearing loss. The problem is even more widespread for older age groups. While symptoms become more apparent as we get older, presbycusis can begin far earlier in life, particularly when there is exposure to loud noise.

Continue Learning about Hearing Damage

How to Save Your Hearing
How to Save Your Hearing
Rates of hearing loss doubled in America between 2000 and 2015. So if you find yourself cranking up the TV volume or asking friends and family to SPEA...
Can people see my hearing aids when I wear them?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
People will not see your hearing aids when you wear them unless they stare into your ear. But nobody...
Should I wear a hearing aid if I have a hearing problem?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Hearing aids are getting smaller and smaller. It is unlikely anyone will notice when you are wearing...
Listen Up! Don't Let Earbuds Affect Your Hearing