How common is conductive hearing loss?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD
Conductive hearing loss is common. The most common causes for conductive hearing loss are build-up of earwax secretions and ear infection, especially among children. Conductive hearing loss is can easily affect those who secrete larger amounts of earwax than normal, and those who suffer from recurrent ear infections. Thankfully, most of the time conductive hearing loss is relatively easy to treat.

Continue Learning about Hearing Damage

How to Save Your Hearing
How to Save Your Hearing
Rates of hearing loss doubled in America between 2000 and 2015. So if you find yourself cranking up the TV volume or asking friends and family to SPEA...
How can my occupation affect my hearing?
Boston Women's Health Book CollectiveBoston Women's Health Book Collective
The most common occupational disease in the United States, hearing loss can reduce alertness to safe...
What is hidden hearing loss?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
Hidden hearing loss is difficulty understanding speech and noise in people whose hearing is normal o...
Listen Up! Don't Let Earbuds Affect Your Hearing