How can I manage the symptoms of presbycusis?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing
There are a number of ways to manage the symptoms of presbycusis. Using a hearing aid can be a helpful way to restore some of your hearing loss. Lip reading can help you understand people when they speak. Closed captioning can be of assistance when watching television. Assistive listening devices can help with hearing on the telephone and in public areas. Cochlear implants may be an option for those with profound hearing loss. 

Continue Learning about Hearing Damage

How to Save Your Hearing
How to Save Your Hearing
Rates of hearing loss doubled in America between 2000 and 2015. So if you find yourself cranking up the TV volume or asking friends and family to SPEA...
What are the disadvantages of hearing aids?
Dr. David M. Vernick, MDDr. David M. Vernick, MD
Since hearing aids cause powerful amplification of sound, it's only natural to wonder if hearing aid...
Should I talk to my doctor about my hearing impairment symptoms?
Yes, you should talk to your doctor about your hearing impairment symptoms. Aside from the social fr...
Listen Up! Don't Let Earbuds Affect Your Hearing