Can people see my hearing aids when I wear them?

People will not see your hearing aids when you wear them unless they stare into your ear. But nobody stares into somebody's ear, except maybe an audiologist. In typical use and typical sizes of hearing aids, most people are not aware that somebody's even wearing a hearing aid. Hearing aids either sit behind the ear with a very thin wire that goes into the ear to deliver the sound, or the hearing aid sits completely within the ear or within the ear canal. These are not like your grandmother's hearing aids that were great big boxes worn in her pocket with a wire. The size of the hearing aid really depends on your ear because they're custom-made for your ear.

Continue Learning about Hearing Damage

What Causes Hearing Loss—and How to Lower Your Risk
We all know someone who displays the classic signs of difficulty hearing: They run the television with its volume blaring or maintain the conviction t...
Is hearing loss genetic?
Dr. David M. Vernick, MDDr. David M. Vernick, MD
Hearing loss runs in families. If one or both of your parents became deaf in their advanced years, y...
What causes hidden hearing loss?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
It is believed that hidden hearing loss is due to noise exposure. Even when hidden hearing loss does...
Listen Up! Don't Let Earbuds Affect Your Hearing