What are good oral healthcare products I can give as gifts?

Consider giving a child a bucket filled with a few child-sized toothbrushes and tubes of children's toothpaste. A cartoon-character towel and small bars of soap will encourage them to make that trip to the bathroom each night to care for their teeth when they wash up. Adults, especially those who like to travel, will make good use of a gift bag filled with travel-sized tubes of toothpaste, extra toothbrushes and dental floss.

You might entice a teen to do a better job of cleaning his or her teeth with a powered toothbrush and some plaque-disclosing tablets. Disclosing tablets, sold over the counter, are used after brushing and flossing. They produce a red stain that clings to plaque, a thin film of bacteria that forms constantly on the teeth and gums. The disclosing tablet's red stain, which is brushed away easily, is produced by harmless food coloring and indicates where plaque was not removed entirely.

Continue Learning about Healthy Teeth & Mouth

How can I prevent damage to my teeth?
Dustin S. Burleson, DDSDustin S. Burleson, DDS
Here are some tips to prevent damage to your teeth and maintain a healthy mouth: See an orthodon...
Why should I get a dental checkup before traveling?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
If you plan to be away from home for any length of time, have a dental checkup and necessary tre...
What Your Tongue Says About Your Oral Health
How Can a Healthy Smile Affect My Self Confidence?