What are good oral healthcare products I can give as gifts?

Consider giving a child a bucket filled with a few child-sized toothbrushes and tubes of children's toothpaste. A cartoon-character towel and small bars of soap will encourage them to make that trip to the bathroom each night to care for their teeth when they wash up. Adults, especially those who like to travel, will make good use of a gift bag filled with travel-sized tubes of toothpaste, extra toothbrushes and dental floss.

You might entice a teen to do a better job of cleaning his or her teeth with a powered toothbrush and some plaque-disclosing tablets. Disclosing tablets, sold over the counter, are used after brushing and flossing. They produce a red stain that clings to plaque, a thin film of bacteria that forms constantly on the teeth and gums. The disclosing tablet's red stain, which is brushed away easily, is produced by harmless food coloring and indicates where plaque was not removed entirely.

Continue Learning about Healthy Teeth & Mouth

why is my mouth sensitive to spicy foods , mint toothpaste , and candy ?
You may have a condition called dry mouth, which can cause sensitivity to spicy or salty foods, cand...
what is clinical attachment loss , or cal , in women ?
Dentists and periodontists use the term clinical attachment loss (CAL) to determine the extent of pe...
what makes the human mouth so good at eating ?
The human mouth is so good at eating because of its design. The jaw bone provides the right dislocat...
what are the bumps on my tongue called ?
The small bumps on your tongue are called papillae. Occasionally, one or two of these papillae can b...