What are the benefits of dental work to improve my smile?

There are many ways to brighten or enhance your smile. The best method is by practicing good, regular oral health hygiene habits. Brush your teeth twice a day and floss once a day. Regular visits to your dentists for cleanings also help keep your teeth looking nice. Your dentist may suggest a crown to reshape your teeth, or there are methods for whitening your teeth. A dental implant can replace a lost tooth. Ask your dentist what treatment options may be available and best suited for you.

There are many benefits of having dental work to improve your smile, including a better appearance and healthier teeth. Starting on the preventative side, the American Dental Association (ADA) recommends that you get regular professional dental cleanings and oral exams. The professional cleanings can remove a build-up of plaque and tartar. It will also help remove stains on your teeth.

You can also get cosmetic dental work done to improve your smile. Cosmetic dental work involves procedures that make your teeth look better, but don’t change the function of your teeth. Teeth whitening is a cosmetic procedure that your dentist can do, which bleaches the teeth. Since it doesn’t work on all teeth and stains, there are other options such as veneers and bonding that can make a tooth look whiter as well. Veneers and bonding can also improve the shape of a tooth or fill in gaps between teeth. By using dental work to improve the look of your teeth, your smile can be whiter, look healthier, and be more attractive.

Continue Learning about Healthy Teeth & Mouth

how can i keep my child teeth healthy during halloween ?
Keep your child's teeth healthy during Halloween by following these tips: Wash it down. After yo...
how is the flow of saliva stimulated ?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Chewing is the most efficient way to stimulate salivary flow by causing muscles to compress the ...
how can a healthy smile affect my self confidence ?
When you are self-confident, feel good about yourself, and are happy, you probably want to smile. If...
why are pregnant women susceptible to tooth erosion ?
In addition to hormonal changes, many pregnant women have morning sickness and frequent vomiting tha...