The way to healthy teeth and bones includes eating a well-balanced diet. Foods that are high in sugar are not only high in calories, but can be bad for your teeth. It is important to brush your teeth twice a day for two minutes to keep sugar and other food off the teeth. Food particles and sugar that linger can create tooth decay and cavities, and this is a reason to also limit snacking. In addition, drinking fluoridated community water helps in preventing tooth decay and keeping your teeth healthy. Foods that are high in calcium, such as milk and orange juice are good for your bones and whole body.
- Q What can I do to keep my smile healthy as I age?
- Q Why is it important to have a healthy mouth?
- Q What are the white spots on my teeth?
- Q Why do I need to see a dental hygienist?
- Q What makes the human mouth so good at eating?
- Q How can I prevent damage to my teeth?