What should I visualize at night if I want to sleep better?

When you close your eyes for the night, create a restful rocking scene: imagine yourself swaying in that hammock, or floating lazily on a raft under gentle waves.

Use your senses: hear the waves beneath you, feel a light warm breeze, smell the salt water or freshly cut grass. Try adding soothing music, if you find this relaxes you and quiets your mind.

Continue Learning about Healthy Sleeping

The Surprising Way You're Sabotaging Your Sleep
It’s 11:30 pm. You’re awake and you have to be up in six and a half hours for a killer day ahead, but instead, you’re staring at the ceiling. Your bra...
How can taking a hot bath help improve sleep quality?
Dr. Mark Hyman, MDDr. Mark Hyman, MD
Most people don't make time for a regular bath, but the right kind of soak can leave you deeply rela...
How can I stop my thoughts from racing so I can sleep?
Racing thoughts keep many people awake at night. Worrying about finances, ruminating on relation...
Skip These Bad Habits to Manage Diabetes