What should I visualize at night if I want to sleep better?

When you close your eyes for the night, create a restful rocking scene: imagine yourself swaying in that hammock, or floating lazily on a raft under gentle waves.

Use your senses: hear the waves beneath you, feel a light warm breeze, smell the salt water or freshly cut grass. Try adding soothing music, if you find this relaxes you and quiets your mind.

Continue Learning about Healthy Sleeping

Why Veterans Can't Sleep
Why Veterans Can't Sleep
After one poor night's sleep, your focus and mood take a hit. But when sleep troubles become chronic, they can affect your weight, your immune system,...
How can I help my child get a good night's sleep?
For bright-eyed mornings and solid snoozes, feed your children a diet with omega-3-rich foods (e.g.,...
6 Simple Tricks to Help You Stop Snoring Tonight
6 Simple Tricks to Help You Stop Snoring Tonight6 Simple Tricks to Help You Stop Snoring Tonight6 Simple Tricks to Help You Stop Snoring Tonight6 Simple Tricks to Help You Stop Snoring Tonight
Here's a hint: your sleep position makes a big difference. Roughly 90 million American adults snore. It's often caused by the constriction of air flow...
How Important Is Sleep to the Brain?
How Important Is Sleep to the Brain?