What sleep position can help me look and feel younger?

The wrong sleeping habits won’t just lead to fatigue-related grumpiness, they can also lead to premature aches and wrinkles. The key to anti-aging sleep is to sleep on your back. Keeping your face up will prevent it from squashing on your pillow, which can contribute to wrinkles. It will also reduce discomfort from acid reflux by allowing gravity to bring your diaphragm down, and it expands your rib cage to allow a much bigger breath. Lastly, sleeping on your side can lead to spinal misalignment. By maintaining a neutral position at night by lying on your back, you’ll feel less achy in the morning.

Switching to sleeping on your back can be an adjustment at first, but by putting a pillow under your knees and one under your neck, you’ll make the switch in no time. Use an inexpensive wedge pillow or a down pillow that you can mold yourself, placing the filling in the pillow’s bottom lower third for a great night’s sleep.
This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Healthy Sleeping

Turn on the Tunes to Beat Insomnia
Turn on the Tunes to Beat Insomnia
The original cradle song, “Wiegenlied: Guten Abend, Gute Nacht” (Lullaby: Good Evening, Good Night), was written by German composer Johannes Brahms in...
How can I fall asleep faster?
Environmental factors like lighting and room temperature can help you fall asleep and stay aslee...
Is there a certain number of sleep hours that will benefit my skin?
There is general agreement among scientists that getting adequate sleep is essential for overall...
Happy Couples Sleep in Sync
Happy Couples Sleep in Sync