Can sleep help reduce the signs of aging?

When you sleep, skin cells can regenerate, and facial muscles, which create lines during waking hours, can relax. Good sleep can also ward off many types of illness and disease.
Keith Roach, MD
Getting a good night's sleep can reduce the signs of aging. In this video, I will explain the importance of quality sleep for your overall health, and how the body can age and deteriorate with chronic sleep deprivation.
Carol Ash, DO
Pulmonary Disease

Think of sleep as wrinkle cream that doesn't require a bottle. In this video, internist and sleep medicine expert Carol Ash, DO, explains how healthy sleep habits reduce signs of aging.

Watch as Dr. Michael Breus discusses the different ways sleep can help reduce the signs of aging.
Dr. Doris Day, MD
Dermatology
Sleep is a wonderful way to help reduce the signs of aging. When you look good, people always say, “Oh, you look so well rested.” We are only beginning to learn the power of sleep. Your skin cells rejuvenate when you sleep. You have increased growth hormone production when you sleep, and you even do most of your fat burning while you sleep! Get enough sleep on a regular basis and you’ll wake up younger and thinner. Who could ask for more?

Continue Learning about Healthy Sleeping

The Surprising Way You're Sabotaging Your Sleep
It’s 11:30 pm. You’re awake and you have to be up in six and a half hours for a killer day ahead, but instead, you’re staring at the ceiling. Your bra...
How can I make it easier to sleep in my dorm room?
Dr. Michael Breus, PhDDr. Michael Breus, PhD
Here are some dorm room makeover tips: • If possible, strategically arrange the bedroom furniture ar...
Is sharing a bed bad for my child?
The results of a new study indicate that bed-sharing does not negatively affect cognitive or beh...
The State of Sleep in America
The State of Sleep in America