What can I do to make my bedroom dark at night?

Heed the following:

• Remove electronics that you don’t need, including television (unless you require it to get to sleep--for some it’s relaxing), computers, laptops, and cell phone.

• Avoid having the kind of alarm clock-radio that emits a strong digital light, especially a blue one. If your sleep patterns are regular, see if you can go without an alarm clock at all!

• Use electric black tape to cover up any lights shining that are inevitably part of your bedroom setting.

• Don’t forget to check outdoor lights, too. If a backyard or front light is shining too brightly, or in the direction of a window, it could be disrupting your sleep.

We live in such a bright, digital world that we can forget that the very things of convenience can become the very villains of inconvenience when it’s time to get our shut-eye.

Continue Learning about Healthy Sleeping

Get Caught Napping: Why Kids Need More Sleep
In 2016, when Cincinnati Reds’ pitcher Homer Bailey turned his back on home plate while the San Diego Padres’ Wil Myers lit off third based and stole ...
Who Is Most Likely to Benefit from Using a Sleep Wearable?
How Can Sleep Affect Hormones?
How Can Sleep Affect Hormones?
Are There Any Health Risks to Using a Sleep Tracker?