How can I make it easier to share a bed with my partner?

If you are concerned that your partner may have a sleep disorder, a visit to a primary care physician and/or sleep specialist is the place to start to rule out potentially serious disorders like sleep apnea, periodic limb movement, or restless leg syndrome, or any other health issue that could be interfering with their (or your) sleep.

Here are some tips to make sharing a bed easier:

• If it is snoring that bothers your sleep, consider ear plugs, a sound machine, or some type of anti-snoring device.

• If it is their movement that bothers your sleep, consider a new mattress that reduces motion transfer.

• If they get up in the middle of the night and disturb you, consider two beds in the same room, or a mattress that reduces motion transfer.

• If they have a different schedule, consider scheduling changes, eye masks, book lights, etc.

Or, in the very least, opt for a bigger bed.

Continue Learning about Healthy Sleeping

Pink is the New White Noise
Pink is the New White Noise
In the 2005 thriller White Noise, Michael Keaton plays a man who comes to believe that his recently deceased wife is contacting him through the static...
Why is sleep important for women?
Ms. Ashley Koff, RDMs. Ashley Koff, RD
Sleep may have a greater influence on your ability to enjoy your day than household income and even ...
Does Sticking to a Sleep Schedule Really Help? I Followed One for 30 Days to Find Out
Does Sticking to a Sleep Schedule Really Help? I Followed One for 30 Days to Find OutDoes Sticking to a Sleep Schedule Really Help? I Followed One for 30 Days to Find OutDoes Sticking to a Sleep Schedule Really Help? I Followed One for 30 Days to Find OutDoes Sticking to a Sleep Schedule Really Help? I Followed One for 30 Days to Find Out
I went to bed and woke up at the same time every day; extra energy was just one of the reasons it was awesome. I’ve always had problems getting up in ...
Can I Make up for Lost Sleep on the Weekend?