How can hormonal changes affect a woman's sleep?

Hormonal changes throughout a woman’s monthly menstrual cycle, primarily fluctuations of estrogen and progesterone, can make falling asleep and staying asleep more difficult.

Menopause and peri-menopause bring their own set of hormone-related sleep challenges: insomnia is a common -- and often overlooked -- problem for women experiencing menopause.

Continue Learning about Healthy Sleeping

Why Veterans Can't Sleep
Why Veterans Can't Sleep
After one poor night's sleep, your focus and mood take a hit. But when sleep troubles become chronic, they can affect your weight, your immune system,...
Can a full-night's sleep protect me from infection in an air journey?
Dr. Michael Breus, PhDDr. Michael Breus, PhD
It would be very hard to prove that a full night’s sleep can protect you from infection, since there...
Does Sticking to a Sleep Schedule Really Help? I Followed One for 30 Days to Find Out
Does Sticking to a Sleep Schedule Really Help? I Followed One for 30 Days to Find OutDoes Sticking to a Sleep Schedule Really Help? I Followed One for 30 Days to Find OutDoes Sticking to a Sleep Schedule Really Help? I Followed One for 30 Days to Find OutDoes Sticking to a Sleep Schedule Really Help? I Followed One for 30 Days to Find Out
I went to bed and woke up at the same time every day; extra energy was just one of the reasons it was awesome. I’ve always had problems getting up in ...
How Can Lack of Sleep Contribute to Heart Disease?