How can I get a good night's sleep without medication?

To get a good night's sleep without the help of medication, work on developing good sleep habits. Try to keep a regular sleep schedule by going to bed and waking at the same time each night and morning. Exercise every day (but not too close to bedtime) and avoid napping. Avoid stimulants like nicotine or caffeine, as well as alcohol. You should also avoid large meals close to bedtime. Do not watch TV, use your computer or phone, read or do work in the bedroom. You can also try meditating before bed as well.

Continue Learning about Healthy Sleeping

the surprising way You are sabotaging your sleep
It 11:30 pm . you’re awake and you have to be up in six and a half hours for a killer day ahead , but instead , you’re staring at the ceiling . your b...
why are my teenager sleeping habits changing ?
During the teenage years, the sleep cycle changes from getting sleepy around 8 to 9 p.m. to between ...
is it healthy to watch tv in bed ?
Ideally, the bed is for two things and two things only. (You know what we mean.) If you have any...
how does aging affect sleep quality ?
Most of us require at least six hours of sleep a night, and usually seven to eight hours. When we ar...